SLU Athlete Spotlight: Brandon C. (3/3)
- What made you decide to give CrossFit a try?
I stumbled on it accidentally when I took up rock climbing in 2008 and joined a climbing gym that also featured a small affiliate (CrossFit East Bay). I got very excited when I saw tire flipping photos!
- How long have you been with us? / What keeps you coming to our gym?
One year and one month! I love every trainer on the staff and pretty much all of the members too (I think I still haven’t met some of the morning regulars)…I work alone all day, so the gym is a pretty important outlet at the end of the day.
- What class time do you usually go to?
6:30 pm, although I just went to my first 6 am class this morning. Words of advice: don’t go to your first morning class when you will be doing Fight Gone Bad…
- Do you have a favorite CrossFit exercise? Least favorite?
Ooh…yes, squats. And burpees, just because I like to be a contrarian.
- What’s your most recent PR?
Diane… I’m not so good at HSPUs, but Jared’s advice literally took 5 minutes off of my previous best time.
- What outside-the-gym activities you like to participate in? How has your performance changed with your increased fitness?
Lots…basketball, skiing, running, lacrosse, rock climbing, tennis are some favorites.