Skills Week 4/27 through 5/2
Hope you guys had a fantastics weekend! Time to get back to work- FCF will slowly be put back together this week. Just remember that FCF is CLOSED on Saturday 5/2. All FCF athletes are welcome to join in the 9am, 10am, or 11am classes at CrossFit SLU!
Other than that we have our FINAL First Friday at CFSLU on 5/1. Come by and join us for a workout and some refreshments afterwards.
TRAINING ON TAP
– front squat 1RM
– EMOM hang snatch, hang clean
– the “40/40″ (front squats, HSPU)
– muscle-up drills
– row/wall ball/c2b pullups
– deadlifts/burpee shuttle runs for FCF
– deadlifts/rope climbs for CFSLU
– “THE ASSAULT”
– team workout at CFSLU since FCF is closed!
This Skills Week brings about a new block of programming. We’ll be refining some of your techniques with medium/high-level skills such as muscle-ups, hang snatches and cleans, handstand pushups, shuttle runs, rope climbs, and literal team work! Bring your focus to classes and know that we value EFFORT over INTENSITY for everything this week.
You’ll notice longer workouts being programmed and that’s simply for those who want to build some metabolism-burning work. If your goal is more strength & power we suggest scaling so that you workouts are fast, intense, and really heavy.
– 20/20 – Bruce Jenner: The Interview – ABC.com
– Seattle Police Will Hire Programmer and Prolific Records Requester Tim Clemans – The Stranger
– Cheap Eats: 16 Fantastically Wallet-Friendly Meals In and Around Seattle – Eater Seattle
– Amazon.com Just the Tip of Seattle Boom – The Seattle Times
– ESPN Host Urges Boycott of the Pacquiao/Floyd Fight – ABS-CBN News
– Dr. Oz to Respond on Show to Criticism by Physicians – The New York Times
– Google Got It Wrong. The Open-Office Trend is Destroying the Workplace – Washington Post
– What Happens When a 35-Year-Old Man Retakes the SAT? – Deadspin
Living Beyond Limits w/ Amy Purdy