Skills Week 1/26 through 1/31
We have two* upcoming events which we have tailored our training to!
The CrossFit season begins with this event and much of each gym’s programming builds up to this moment. Compete with the world at large and see where you stack up! Register for this and complete the online judges course and we’ll take off $20 your April membership dues! I believe there is much knowledge in being able to see, judge, and measure fitness so I’ll gladly compensate you for being a better-educated athlete.
(More on how we’ll perform and celebrate our fitness in a post later this week.)
“A competition for the rest of us” is how the Festivus Games describes itself. It is a functional fitness competition for novice and intermediate athletes and they even have a list of over-qualifications. We hosted our first FG in October of last year to great success and had many athletes participate- some even saw the finals and then the podium! We’ll be hosting it again this coming April at CrossFit SLU!
Test your fitness! See more here.
TRAINING ON TAP:
– back squat 1×20
– kip/deadlift/hang power clean
– snatch complex/run
– handstand development
– push jerk/toes-to-bar
– back squat 1×20
– 30 muscle-ups
– CGO 14.2 (OHS/c2b pullups)
– celebration workout!
– Paleo Super Bowl Snacks – NomNomPaleo
– FCF Athlete Spotlight: January (Part 3) – Aimee P – Foundation CrossFit
– CFSLU Athlete Spotlight: January (Part 3) – Steven C – CrossFit SLU
– Are You Mind of What You Put ON Your Body? – CrossFit Invictus
– Everybody Poops But Here Are 9 Surprising Facts About Feces You May Not Know – Vox
– Creatine For CrossFit? – The Box Mag
– Primal Kitchen Mayo – Primal Kitchen
– Psychological Strategies For Gaining Weight – Lift Big Eat Big
– New CEO Paula Schneider: How I’ll Fix American Apparel – Forbes
– Register For the Festivus Games 18APR2015 Hosted by CrossFit SLU – FESTIVUS GAMES
Sign up and register for the 2015 CrossFit Games Open here!