Memorial Day Week 5/25 through 5/30
This weekend marks the last week of operation at CrossFit SLU, and it’s a very short week because of the holiday: MURPH Monday through Thursday (no Friday classes at CFSLU, but we’ll open up all FCF classes) so be prepared.
If you’re in for MURPH be mindful of how you feel when squatting later this week.
Come out to the CFSLU Farewell Party this Friday 5/29 at 6:30pm. Feel free to dress up! Hang out with these two:
TRAINING ON TAP:
– Hatch Squat Cycle W4D1
– turkish get-ups
– power swings, burpees/kb dead snatch, power swings
– Hatch Squat Cycle W4D2
Think of this week as Max Week Part 2/Skills Week Part 1. Last week was about the short, hard sprints- this week we go heavy and test some longer metcons, but with a focus on some movements you haven’t seen in a while.
The Pacific, California and East regionals all wrapped up yesterday. You can check out all the footage, results, and other news coming out at http://games.crossfit.com/
– A Plea For Culinary Modernism – Jacobin
– How to Run the 400m – Track Star USA
– How Anabolic Steroids Make You Stronger – And How They Destroy You – Gizmodo
– Our Warm-up Is a Warm-up – Catalyst Athletics
– Why You Should Eat More Sweet Potatoes (And Recipes to Help) – PurePharma
– Michael B. Jordan Torching the Color Line – Entertainment Weekly
– The Last of the Samurai: Beautiful Hand-Colored Photographs of the Warriors and Their Courtesans – Dangerous Minds
– Science, American Legal System Confirm Barefoot Shoes Are Bullshit – Vox