Max Week 2/16 through 2/21
Hope you had a wonderful weekend with the beautiful Seattle weather we had. The staff met up for some eats to cap off the weekend and to start off the year right.
It’s MAX WEEK so we plan to test plenty of different lifts. Please plan and prepare accordingly! The CrossFit Games Open is almost upon us and you still have time to register (DO THAT HERE) to join your respective Affiliate Team (Foundation CrossFit / CrossFit SLU). On the fence? We’ve provided plenty of information and motivation below in the article section.
This coming Thursday will also be the High-Cycle Clinic at CrossFit SLU beginning at 5:30pm for two hours. Come and learn techniques that yield faster barbell movement and efficiency.
TRAINING ON TAP:
– back squat 1RM
– chest-to-bar HELEN
– heavy snatch
– Outlaw Barbell Efficiency Test
– heavy clean & jerk
– real “GRACE”
– final handstand day. find your max hold freestanding/chest-to-wall/back-to-wall, handstand walk, etc
– CrossFit Total (back squat 1RM, press 1RM, deadlift 1RM)
– CGO 14.5
It’s MAX WEEK. We’re testing to set precedent for the upcoming CrossFit Games Open season. We will also have percentage-based back squats and presses starting next week, so set those records! If you are here on Monday and Thursday you’ll have to chance to squat twice OR back squat on Monday and then front squat on Tuesday.
Much of the work this week is similar to last week because we wanted you to have some familiarity going into this week. Bring in the confidence that you know how to perform- we just want you to push it and complete it all faster and harder.
– New Scoring System for CrossFit Games Open: Rx, Scaled, and… and ALJ?!? – Tabata Times (via Kevin D)
– How to Succeed In Your First CrossFit Open – Breaking Muscle
– Fuel For the Open: 5 Weeks of Free Meal Plans – Stupid Easy Paleo
– Preparing For the CrossFit Open – Pure Pharma
– How I Go Heavy by Diane Fu – Barbell Shrugged
– New Investor Groups Forming to Bring NHL or NBA to Seattle – Seattle Times
– 10 Books For Aspiring Coaches – Barbell Shrugged