Keep your eyes peeled for the next VERSUS intergym throwdown.
Archive For: video
Are you a fan of Lil Woody’s? Sheena, Appa, and Mark are regulars there.
We’re collaborating this week with the crew at Lil Woody’s to offer a deal to all athletes, both and past and present! They have created a “Resolution Burger” for the new year and they would love to have you try it. If you show up in your FCF/SLU apparel, they’ll give you 15% off your entire bill!
CAPITOL HILL LOCATION
1211 Pine St. Seattle, WA 98101
2040 NW Market St. Seattle WA 98107
– Promotion is valid Tuesday, Jan 6 through Monday, Jan 12.
– Wear our apparel (t-shirt or hoody) and tell the cashier you’d like the Foundation CrossFit or CrossFit SLU discount.
– Discount is 15% off the ENTIRE bill for those of you who want to add crack fries or milk shakes (for those lifters who want to bulk up!).
– Those who purchase the Resolution Burger will receive one entry into a Foundations Program raffle. If you win, you can share this with a friend, or get a free month on your membership!
– The Resolution Burger is a turkey patty, turkey bacon, tomato, avocado, in a lettuce wrap.
TRAINING ON TAP:
– back squat 1×20
– tabata thrusters
– pullup ladder
– 10×3 box jump
– handstand development
– 3-2-1 position snatch EMOM
– back squat 1×20
– alternating split jerk/slam ball/”parallette” pushup
Super overhead banded distraction:
Elevated Samson Stretch:
Banded Chair Stretch:
– The Virtuoso, A CrossFit Rant – The Sarah Jenkins
– Hold On and Don’t Let Go: Hanging Mechanics – Tabata Times
– The Correct Way to Mobilize Your Thoracic Spine With a Foam Roller – Crossover Symmetry
– Steps to a Muscle-Up – Step #1: The Bow/Hollow Drill – CrossFit Invictus
– Future of Meat is Plant-Based Burgers – Outside Magazine
– Actually, Raising Beef Is Good For the Planet – Wall Street Journal
– The What-the-Hell Effect: How the Swing Improves Everything – Breaking Muscle
– How Will You Work Out When CrossFit Is No Longer Hip? – NPR
“Recording artist Rick Ross has taken up CrossFit, and the 38-year-old rapper says training and an improved diet have benefitted him in several ways.
“Being in better shape, it affects everything,” Ross says. “Of course your health. Of course your psyche, your confidence.”
Ross recently released his seventh album, “Hood Billionaire,” and he’s up for a pair of Grammy Awards for his work on two other projects. Trainer Garret Fisher, fifth-place finisher at the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games, says Ross’ progress fires him up.
“Every day when we work out, (Ross) definitely pushes his limits … and it shows,” Fisher says.
As a frequent traveler, Ross has limited opportunities to work out and appreciates CrossFit’s intensity and minimal time commitment.
“We come out here, we get it in, we feel good,” Ross says of his training, which takes place primarily in his backyard.
Watch as CrossFit Inc. journalist Sevan Matossian follows Ross, who says he uses CrossFit to start each day “like a boss.”
Video by Sevan Matossian.”