This Saturday 3/7 we will be hosting CGO 15.2 at Foundation CrossFit beginning at 11am. Doors open for warmup at 10:30am.
Heats will be determined by signing up on the whiteboard (first come, first served).
Come down and perform and judge with your fellow athletes! We would love any other volunteers to come down and help too- judging, picture taking, and social media! You don’t have to have the CrossFit Online Judges Certification to judge at this event.
In the event that you can’t make this event, you’ll have to find a certified judge to watch your performance and count your reps. You cannot depend on the trainer during Friday classes since their priority will be focusing on the classes athletes.
CGO 15.2 aka CGO 14.2 Strategy
– Get a good cardiovascular warmup in. Your lungs need to be prepped, your forehead sweating. Approximately 40+ minutes away from your event do some medium efforts: 2k row, 1mile run, 5 minutes on the AirDyne, etc. Finish off with some really hard efforts as well: a couple of 50m sprints towards the end of the row/run, 20sec hard in the last two minutes of the AD, etc.
– Your mobility is what your mobility will be. Maybe you could get another inch or two of range, but don’t expect miracles. Instead focus on your technique and practice at lighter loads, eventually building up to your working weight.
– We all see that the standards are pretty high- just remember that the CrossFit Games Open is about finding the Fittest Man & Woman on Earth. The standards of CFHQ are put forth simply for this competition. Instead of focusing on the skills you can’t do, focus on the all the things you can do! If anything, some of the movements you covet but cannot yet perform should become your new goals!
– Just like last week, I think having a bar that’s low enough (or a box/elevation/channel) to work from will be tremendously helpful!
– We’ve been working these pullup ladders (ex: 6(1,2,1)) for quite some time now… USE THIS STRATEGY! If you’re not linking bigger sets of kipping pullups try using those rep patterns with controlled rest periods.